Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Gatlinburg Dude

I took this shot last June while on vacation in Gatlinburg, TN. On this shot my wife and I were sitting on a curbside bench when this young man walked up and assumed this position across from us. He was preoccupied with something else in the area while I swung my camera around and took several shots of him. I shot from the hip so that it would not be obvious what I was doing and I think that decision paid off in his casual demeanor. I entered this shot in last nights BAPC Honors Night program under the assignment of "Monochrome" and was awarded a high Gold that tied for first place and "Photographer of the Month."

2 comments:

Barry Armer said...

Great shot!

Congrats on the Gold! The judges finally got one right! :-)

Cheers!
Barry

Steve Schuenke said...

I like this alot too. Great job. The toning fits the image perfectly.