Wednesday, December 24, 2008


I took a few photos at my wife’s niece’s first birthday party this weekend and this was one of my favorite shots. I like the juxtaposition of the balloon photo and the subject baby in the baby in the background, and the colors for sure. There’s something else intangible there that I can’t put my finger on, but I’m not going to worry about it. Sometimes you just like a photo for not particular reason.


Tech: Oly E-3 w/12-60 Zuiko @ 55mm, f4.0, 1/400 @ ISO2000 Post Processing: Duplicate Background>TA Noise Reduction>Merge Visible>Levels>Curves>Hue/Saturation>TA “Psychedelic”>Lens Distort Vignette

4 comments:

Barry Armer said...

Cool, fun shot! Great rhythm between the balloon and the baby's face!

Cheers!
Barry

Anonymous said...

I think what you are feeling is the contrast of emotions more than any contrast of colors or lighting in the photo. That's what I felt when first seeing it and your comment cemented it for me. A very unique shot.

DHaass

Larry said...

Thanks Barry and Doug. Definetly two more elements of the shot I like.

Anonymous said...

It seems my language skills need to be strengthened, because I totally can not read your information, but I think this is a good BLOG