Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Paw Paw's Alpaca



This young boy was the grandson of one of the Alpaca exhibitors at the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo this weekend. For those of you who didn’t know [like me] Alpacas are similar to and from the same regions as Llamas. The main distinctions between the two are size, the Alpaca is smaller, and the shape of their ears. The grandad told my wife and I that he has about 30 head in his herd and that when the grandson is in the pasture he is the "Pied Piper".

Tech: Oly E-3, 12-60 Zuiko @ 49MM, f5, 1/60, ISO 800, FL50R Flash [Fired] Aperture Priority, Raw Post Processing: Clarity, Saturation, and Exposure in Camera Raw>Open in CS3>Duplicate Background>Clone Unwanted Elements>High Pass Sharpening>Merge Visible>Levels>Topaz Adjust “Simplify”

1 comment:

Larry J. Patrick said...

I like this shot, but I wished there was more interaction between the two subjects. Still good work.